Embee is very pleased to announce that independent government laboratory tests have confirmed that the filtration performance of our HEPAProtect filter for IQAir HealthPro* purifiers vastly exceeds requirements under the HEPA standard and also outperforms the efficiency of the IQAir HyperHEPA* filter.
The tests were conducted by an independent goverment laboratory inline with the accepted global standard for HEPA and ULPA filters in critical applications - The European EN1822 standard.
Key results for Embee's HEPAProtect filter
- Exceeds HEPA standard efficiency across all fan speeds.
- Exceeds IQAir® HyperHEPA®* filter efficiency across all fan speeds.
- Stops 99.997% of all particles across all fan speeds including health damaging ultra fine particles not stopped by regular HEPA filters.
- Stops 99.4% of the ultra fine particles not stopped by IQAir's HyperHEPA* filter at high fan speeds.
EN1822 - The world's most stringent filter test
The typical HEPA standard requires filters to filter a minimum of 99.97% of particles sized 0.3µm (0.3 millionths of a meter / 0.012 thousands of an inch). The key problem with the HEPA standard is that smaller particles, which are known to be very damaging to the body, are not considered. The European EN1822 standard accounts for this by performing a two step test:
- Firstly, the filter media is tested with all particles sizes to determine which particle size the media is least efficient at stopping - the MPPS (most penetrating particle size).
- The test then proceeds by testing the filter using this "worst-case" MPPS and testing the efficiency/penetration rate for these particles.
Embee's HEPAProtect filter for the IQAir HealthPro* series stops 99.997% of all particles
- At low fan speed, the most penetrating particle size was found to be 0.2µm with penetration of 0.002% (i.e. 99.998% efficiency).
- At high fan speed, the most penetrating particle size was found to be 0.14µm with penetration of 0.003% (i.e. 99.997% efficiency).
Embee's HEPAProtect filter for the IQAir HealthPro* series stops 99.4% of ultra fine particles not stopped by the IQAir HyperHEPA* filter
At high fan speed, the IQAir HyperHEPA* filter allows 0.5% of ultra fine 0.16µm particles to pass through the filter. The Embee HEPAProtect filter stops 99.997% of these particles, allowing only 0.03% through; a difference of over 150 times.