Live School Air Quality
Air pollution health advice for Hong Kong schools. Updated hourly.
Northern Lamma School
Embee® filters for IQAir®
Health advice from the US AQI at 5:00 AM HKT
- Air quality is satisfactory, and air pollution poses little or no risk.
- Great day to be active outside!
School (Northern Lamma School)
PM2.5 are tiny particles less than 2.5 millionths of a metre in size. They are so small that when you breath in, they can pass directly through your lungs into your blood, and then around your body to organs including the brain.
Past 24-hours PM2.5 (μg/m³)
There is strong evidence linking PM2.5 pollution levels to heart disease, cancer, strokes, and COPD.
View a different location
- Hong Kong: Environmental Protection Department via data.gov.hk
- 1 To reflect current conditions, the AQI value is calculated using latest 1-hour readings for PM2.5 and PM10 particulates. This differs from the typical US AQ calculation which uses a 24-hour average. Read more here.
- Heath advice and US AQI calculation is per the Technical Assistance Document for the Reporting of Daily Air Quality – the Air Quality Index (AQI) issued by the US EPA in September 2018.
- Hong Kong AQHI calculation is per methodology published by the EPD, with missing data interpolated using last known good value.
- Pollutant, AQI, and AQHI values for schools are estimated based on the school location and interpolation of live values from Hong Kong's 18 environmental monitoring stations.